Saturday, October 26, 2013

My family is like a bicycle

This week in class we were working on family systems project. For my project I compared my family to a bicycle and took a look at the relationships in my family. So here's a look at my family system.

In my family there are five members my mom, dad, sister, brother, and myself. If I were to compare each one of my family members to one part of a bicycle they would each play a role in the function of a bike. My dad would be the seat of the bike. When a bike has no seat there is no rest. There is nothing for comfort and support. My dad’s role in our family is our foundation. He is the rock of our family and without his support we would all be lost and we couldn’t function as efficiently as we would if we had him. My mom would be the handle bars. The handle bars play a key role in how a bike works. The handle bars are what steady’s the bike and guides it in the direction you want to go. Without my mom my family would get lost and would lose its steadiness. My mom guides our family in the right direction and keeps us on the right path. When a bike has no handle bars you can’t ride the bike. Without my mom our family won’t keep going, it will be impossible to stay on the straight path. My sister would be the tires. Tires on a bike are detrimental. Without the tires a bike goes nowhere and is just a hunk of metal. Like the tires my sister helps our family more forward. My sister keeps our family always moving forward. Without her our family’s growth would be stagnant. The tires make the bike move and my sister makes our family move. My brother is the peddles. The hardest part of riding a bike is actually riding the bike. Turning the peddles in circles over and over. Bikes are fun and anyone can ride one put when the peddles get hard to move more work must begin. My brother is the peddles because he puts a lot of work into keeping our family moving. Whenever my brother sees a rough patch a head for my family or a steady uphill climb he braces himself and keeps peddling. He keeps our family moving through it until the end. Lastly I would compare myself to a horn or bell on the handle bars of the bike. To some this piece might not seems like a need and maybe even a luxury, but I know to my five year old self a bell was a necessity on my bike. When a little 5 year old rings the bell on their bicycle it means more than just a noise. It means happiness and smiles. It brings joy to that little child. I compare myself to the bell because I bring a certain joy and happiness to my family that others don’t. I’ve always been a free spirit and pushed my family to go on adventures and do things out of the ordinary. Without me that element of excitement and adventure wouldn’t be there and their life would be pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment