Saturday, November 2, 2013

Same-sex marriage

This is a topic that I have always kept my mouth shut about. I know how I feel and my loved ones know how I feel but I never voiced this opinion because I was afraid of the backlash I would receive. In the town I grew up in there weren't that many people who had the same values and cultures as me so to openly disagree with same-sex marriage meant you were discriminating and was an awful person so I just learned to keep to myself.
Being married now and planning for my future family I've realized I can't keep my mouth shut any longer because if I do how am I supposed to try to protect what I believe is right and teach my children principles of the church.
I disagree with same-sex marriage. I know that I have members of my family and close friends that have chosen to live a different lifestyle than me and we will probably never agree on what we think is right but I am not hateful towards these people. Even though I don't support the choices they are making it doesn't mean I respect them any less or love them any less.
In the end people are going to make the choices they want to make whether I agree with them or not so as long as I know what is right and honor my values and cultures I'm going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment