Friday, October 4, 2013

Conflict Theory

Conflict theory is about finding a compromise and dealing with conflict. For example when two people want something done but both want to do it a different way. I've been learning about conflict theory since I started school in 2010 and it wasn't until Tuesday that I live the conflict theory all the time!

Having been married for only a year I deal with compromise and conflict often. My husband and I grew up doing things differently and accepting the way the other did it was hard. Here are just a few examples:

I like my towels folded a certain way
We both load the dishwasher differently
I sometimes throw my clothes on the floor and he's really good at hanging his up
It takes me a long time to get ready and it takes him about 5 minutes

A lot of these things seem really small but they really do require compromise and sometimes cause conflict. Sometimes it's hard but with conflict theory we can learn how to compromise and work through conflict better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment